Kyrenia – Basic Information's
Language: Turkish is the official Language in North Cyprus and English is widely spoken and understood by Turkish Cypriots.
Currency: The main Currency is Turkish Lira however The UK Pounds is highly accepted.
1 GBP = ? TL
Credit Card's: MasterCard and VISA are accepted almost everywhere.
Electricity: 220/240 volts AC and The UK type with 3 pins.
Time: North Cyprus(Kyrenia) is 2 hours ahead of GMT.
Population: Kyrenia population is 22.000
University: Girne American University
Traffic: Driving in North Cyprus is same as in The UK, on the left. Max speed is 100 km/hr.
English High School: Girne American High School.
Banks in Kyrenia: Is_bank, HSBC, Garanti Bank
- January the 1st: New Year's Day
- February 1 - 4: Feast of the Sacrifice @
- April 23: Children's Day
- May 1: Labour Day
- May 19: Sports Day
- July 20: Peace and Freedom Day
- August 1: Social Resistance Day
- August 30: Victory Day
- October 29: Turkish Republic Day
- November 15: Republic Day of TRNC
- November 3: Seker Bayram @
@=The Date may change every year